By registering an account at widgetsheaven.com and placing orders you are indicating your agreement to all of our various terms and conditions as described in the pages linked below.
- Widgetsheaven sends goods to you from China. As such, you are IMPORTING. In many countries this means you will be liable for import duties and other taxes. It's YOUR responsibility to find out about this, and YOUR responsibility to pay the taxes/charges on receipt of the items.
- We can't deliver to PO boxes, APO addresses, or certain remote areas. We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, and refund any orders where we deem the address to be undeliverable.
- You need a valid phone number on your account.
- Under the terms of the warranty, if a product arrives broken or develops a fault during the warranty period, you are responsible for the costs of returning it to China for repair / compensation.
- Widgetsheaven doesn't accept returns of products which are not faulty. If you order the wrong products by mistake, or order products that cannot work in your country (e.g. wrong GSM type for cell phones, DVB-T to unsupported countries, PAL/NTSC to wrong regions) we will not offer return/exchange after the goods are sent out.
- Due to the inevitable rapid developments within the electronics industry, in some rare cases, customers might come across scenarios (including, but not limited to) like the product packaging or user manuals do not hold the same information as shown on our website. The major reason that leads to this type of situation would be items are manufactured in different batches and therefore subtle differences do occur etc. Please refer to our website’s descriptions as final confirmation if you encounter a circumstance like this.
- Flashing the firmware on products voids the warranty. Even if the product comes with firmware update features / software, please do not use it. The same goes for opening up the body of a product and breaking the warranty seal.
- Take note of the *sensor* megapixel rating on digital cameras, not the maximum interpolated rating printed on the product or in the manual by the Chinese manufacturer.
- If you pay for an order and cancel it, or we are offering compensation for a failed delivery or warranty return, we reserve the right to offer "credit against future orders" instead of a cash refund.
II. Warranty And Returns
Widgetsheaven guarantees all products bought from us with a 12-month warranty against defects in quality.
This article is about the warranty on products you buy from Widgetsheaven.com
All goods dispatched from Widgetsheaven are checked for quality, including checks of the appearance of the goods, the function of the hardware and software, the packaging, and inclusion of applicable accessories and power adapters.
- What Does Widgetsheaven’s Warranty Imply?
Widgetsheaven can only offer problem-solving for faulty products which either shipped in an unsatisfactory condition, or developed internal faults naturally during usage without issues of physical damage or unsupported usage. In other words if the product is broken you can contact us to send it back for a repair.
- Warranty Does Not Include:
The warranty does not include any kind of:
- Technical support on product installation and usability
- Advice about product's configuration or any software issues
- Recommendations about how to connect products or compatibility
- Software/OS updating or firmware flashing as it would void Widgetsheaven’swarranty
- Product issue diagnostic and troubleshooting advice
- Warranty By Default Covers Repair
The Widgetsheaven warranty means we will repair your faulty item for free and send it back to you for free. Other compensation is not normally available if the product can be repaired promptly.
If an item is impossible to repair to a good working condition, or would take too long to do so, we will next offer you an equivalent product.
- When Does The 12 Month Warranty Start From?
The warranty period begins from the receipt of the goods by the initial consignee.The period is exactly 365 days from that time. For example, a product on the 365th day is covered, but a product on the 366th is no longer covered.
In the case of delivery methods or destinations which lack a confirmed delivery tracking date, we will take the assumption that the warranty period starts 30 days after we sent out your order.
- In What Situations Are Returns/Compensation NOT Approved By Widgetsheaven?
- Cost of shipping a presumably faulty item back to Hong Kong or China: Paid by the customer, cannot be reimbursed.
- Cost of China internal freight,import duties, and restocking process on the Hong Kong or China sides: waived for faulty products and paid by Widgetsheaven in full. In other words our QC engineers will test products you ship back and, if they confirm the products are indeed faulty, we will offer compensation (repair, replacement, credit or refund). However, for products that are tested and turn out to be in good working condition, Widgetsheaven will not accept any responsibility and may charge a restocking fee at our own discretion. Functional products will not be reimbursed.
- Cost of shipping repaired item back to customer from China: paid by Widgetsheaven in full. In order to facilitate customs clearance, we will normally use Airmail and EMS if applicable to send back the repaired item to you.
- If a product cannot be repaired: The original product price will be refunded in the form of credit in your Widgetsheaven account under certain circumstances. You can use the credit towards a brand new replacement or a different product.
- Any new import duty for the consignee for the returned repaired products sent from China is their responsibility as per the usual policies.
Below are instances where a customer will not be eligible for returns and/or compensation:
- Unapproved returns or returned products not processed through Widgetsheaven‘s RMA procedure;
- Products whose warranty period has expired;
- Received returned products that are damaged because of inadequate return packaging;
- Products that were originally approved for return through our RMA procedure but have been confirmed by our QC engineers to be not broken and actually well-functioning after testing, shall not be returned to the buyer, unless the buyer pays return shipping;
- Physically damaged or broken products caused by misuse or mishandling, subjects to manufacture technical test result;
- Returns of your unwanted, unsold yet functional products;
- Products bought by mistake.
The customer is solely responsible for choosing the right product, including for example
- The "correct" desired memory capacity
- The "right " feature or product or compatibility
- Garment size
- Screen size
- Touchscreen type
- Digital TV format( DVB-T/ATSC/ISDB-T )
- GSM band
- NTSC/PAL color region
- Software version
We will send you exactly what you order, so please read descriptions carefully before purchasing.
If the consignee of a delivery refuses or fails to accept delivery for any reason, including refusal to comply with customs clearance/costs or simply having an incorrect address, Widgetsheaven accepts no liability and the customer will not be eligible for compensation.
1. How to cancel unpaid orders?
There is no need to contact Widgetsheaven to cancel orders which have not been paid for. These orders will expire automatically after a certain period.
Widgetsheaven permits checking out of orders using the online shopping cart as a system for customers to generate proforma invoices for themselves and to keep records of prospective purchases.
Only orders that have actually been paid for are activated and entered into the order checking / processing system
- How and in what conditions can customers cancel paid/processing orders?
In general, Widgetsheaven can usually accept requests for cancellation of paid orders up to the working day on which the order enters the status "processing". Customers can request cancellation of orders by email (support ticket) quoting their order number and providing a clear explanation for this request. Any processing order cancellation must be properly justified as it is a standard business practice.
3. At What Point Can I still Cancel My Order?
Before requesting cancelation please check your order status in your account. Here is the status list where you can cancel an order:
4. When is it too late to cancel a paid order?
Orders that have been dispatched with a tracking number cannot be cancelled/ reimbursed. If you can see "Order is Sent Out", and "Pending cancelation" in your account, it is impossible to cancel your order.
5. In what cases may Widgetsheaven charge a restocking fee?
If a customer requests cancellation of an order after the order is in processing (i.e. goods checking, processing and packing) in our warehouse Widgetsheaven reserves the right to charge a restocking fee, deducted from the resultant refund or credit. In fact in most cases we will not charge this fee, because we are nice people.
Below are the cases where Widgetsheaven may charge a restocking fee:
- If an apparently bona fide order has been placed, and has entered processing in our warehouse, Widgetsheaven does reserve the right to charge a restocking fee up to 30% of the value of the goods, at our discretion.
- If a customer cancels several processing orders all at the same time
- If the order is above 1000USD.
- If the customer already cancelled several orders within the same month.
- Additional charges may be deducted from refunds in cases where goods have been shipped overseas and are returned for reasons beyond Widgetsheaven's control, and where as a result Widgetsheaven incurs return shipping charges and China import duties and taxes, as well as further domestic shipping expenses.
6. How does Widgetsheaven offer refunds to customers for cancelled orders?
The following general conditions apply to refunds made by Widgetsheaven: Cancelled orders are reimbursed by crediting your Widgetsheaven account by default.
- Refunds will be made in the form of credit extended by Widgetsheaven against future orders.
- Paypal refunds are exceptional and at our discretion.
- Direct Credit Card refund is exceptional and at our discretion.
- Orders originally paid by bank transfer are not refundable by bank transfer at this time. Refunds will be made by crediting your Widgetsheaven account for your next purchase.
7. Who is eligible to sign up for a Widgetsheaven and place orders?
Anyone may sign up for a Widgetsheaven account. Widgetsheaven accounts are only available to people over the age of 18.
Customers are required to register with full and accurate personal data and contact details. Pseudonyms are not accepted
Every Widgetsheaven account must have a valid phone number which we can use to contact you in the case of order queries or delivery exceptions.
Widgetsheaven strongly advises customers to register an account with the same details as the person making the payments for orders. If the Widgetsheaven account does not match your payment source this is likely to lead to delays processing your first order while we contact you to verify the payment is authorised
- Are customers who register at Widgetsheaven under any obligations?
Customers who register at Widgetsheaven are implicitly acknowledging that they agree to all our terms and conditions as published in this section of our online Knowledgebase. Registrants are required to submit full and true contact details.
There are no contractual obligations to buy anything at Widgetsheaven.com
There are no membership fees or hidden charges for ordering from Widgetsheaven. Please find out from your country's Customs about possible import duties, taxes, charges, and regulations pertaining to imported goods.
9. Are there situations where orders are not accepted?
Widgetsheaven reserves the right to cancel orders and return payments if the ordered goods are not available or the customer's account or payment do not meet the conditions for delivery.
Common reasons for immediate cancellation and refund of orders are:
- Non-authorised shipping to an address substantially different to the billing address. Please see our notes in the knowledgebase about how we verify first-time customers' accounts for delivery to addresses other than the billing / payment address. If orders are received which do not meet immediate approval, they will enter a checking process for up to three working days, in which Widgetsheaven will attempt to contact the customer to verify that the payment is authorised.
- Orders which appear to be blatant fraud attempts, e.g. shipments to Nigeria, will be immediately cancelled and the payment returned to the originating Paypal account.
- Orders submitted with insufficient delivery details, e.g. PO box addresses; incomplete addresses; no delivery phone numbe, will be immediately cancelled and the payment returned to the originating Paypal account.
- Customers who have open Paypal disputes, complaints, chargebacks, etc on other orders on their account may have new orders put on hold or cancelled/refunded depending on the nature of the case.
- Customers who have past disapproved / cancelled orders on their account.
- Customers attempting to order with Paypal payments, who have been refunded on previous orders for not meeting payment verification standards, and who have been requested to pay by bank transfer instead, will have their orders immediately rejected.
- Customers who attempt to open a new Widgetsheaven account to circumvent order cancellation records on previous accounts will be subject to immediate order cancellations.
Widgetsheaven reserves the right to cancel accounts and refuse processing of orders at their discretion and for reasons above and beyond the criteria mentioned above.
In cases where orders are refused before processing, Widgetsheaven will attempt to refund the full original payment to the best of their ability.
IV. Shipping and Delivery
- Shipping cost depends on the service you choose when you place your order. It also depends of the country you want the goods to be delivered.
- Importing is a breeze in most countries! You may have to pay Import Duty when the items arrive, but in the vast majority of cases packets / cartons delivered from China by courier arrive safely with no problems at all!
- Read the item description carefully! We will ship you whatever you order. Although we do assist you by manually checking all orders to screen possible region / compatibility inconsistencies, we do not accept returns of healthy products which were simply mis-ordered by you. If you are in an NTSC video color region, don't order PAL products for your market. Check if your locality has free DVB-T broadcasts before buying DVB-T digital TV receivers. If the driver's seat is on the left, don't order left side passenger sun visor Car DVD Monitors! Duh!
- Additionally, there are some (cool) types of gadgets including for example (but not limited to) radio signal jammers, high powered lasers, and quasi-medical products, that are not legal (booo!) to import into certain countries. As the buyer / importer it is entirely your responsibility to find out in advance of placing your order whether your ordered items are subject to import restrictions. Widgetsheaven will ship you whatever you order, so we do not accept liability in the case of failed delivery of goods, where they have failed to clear your country's local Customs - either in cases where the goods are turned back, or in cases where the goods are seized. In addition Widgetsheaven is not responsible for informing you of possible import restriction issues before or after purchase.
- We will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused on your computer, console, or other hardware / software during / related to installation of any of our products. We not be liable for any damage or personal loss due to incorrect installation of our products.
- Widgetsheaven Delivery Guarantee
"What if the product does not arrive?"
We guarantee your products will arrive safely in your destination country.
In the unlikely event your package is lost, we will re-send the goods or give you a full refund.
- Delivery Failure Scenarios:
- The package is lost, broken, or stolen before it reaches you.
Widgetsheaven will re-send the goods or give a full refund. In practice such cases are very rare, perhaps 1 in 5000 shipments, when using courier services. Please note confirmation of such cases can take some time, so in such an event you may be advised to place a new order at your expense while the original shipment is investigated pending compensation.
- An Air Mail package has not arrived after a long time.
Widgetsheaven will give a full refund after the delivery deadline has expired. These cases are rare, and if this ever occurs, we will inform you of the delivery deadline for your package, which will be 30-60 days depending on the region.
- Multi-part delivery arrives missing some items or packets.
In this case, a customer had ordered more than one product and found that the order arrived without the appropriate number of ordered items.
Similar to what you would do with regards to a broken item case, the proper reporting procedure would be: (1) contact your courier immediately to issue a formal complaint, and (2) open a ticket with Widgetsheaven within 3 working days and provide the requisite photos. (Guidelines for photos: Take photos of all 6 sides of the brown cardboard shipping box (outer casing) the delivery arrived in. You will then need to provide photos of the received items in the way in which they arrived inside the shipping box. Please also indicate the dimensions of the package and the gross weight of the entire package (shipping box + main product (incl. accessories, if any) + any and all packing material). Please retain the package and all contents for later reference.
After this initial phase, please contact your courier's local office and open a claim. You will then need to contact Widgetsheaven to receive a formal ticket about your case. During this time, our delivery team will evaluate whether or not your missing product was the result of delivery or packing error. If it is determined that a packing error occurred, Widgetsheaven will credit you the value of the missing product plus a partial shipping credit. On the other hand, if it is determined the missing items were the cause of a courier mishandling, Widgetsheaven will follow your claim with the courier's China office. Once the missing case is confirmed by the courier, Widgetsheaven will credit you for the value of the missing product + partial shipping.
- Items in the packet arrive in a damaged condition.
A customer’s order arrived with product/s in damaged condition.
In such a scenario, you must, first, raise the issue immediately with the courier or delivery company. Then, open a ticket with Widgetsheaven and provide the requisite photos. (Guidelines for photos: First, take photos of all 6 sides of the box that contains the product (inner casing). Then, take photos of all 6 sides of the brown cardboard shipping box (outer casing). For the product itself, please provide enough photos that will accurately show, first, the whole product and then a close-up of the damaged area.) The photos will then be used for remodeling the broken process to find out the cause of the damage. And also the customer needs to keep the original packing case for courier's investigation purposes.
Provided you follow the correct reporting process, your case can be dealt with expeditiously if the incident report is received by Widgetsheaven within 3 working days from your receipt of the damaged article/s. Once Widgetsheaven receives the ticket with the details and photos clearly evidencing the damage, and confirms the products were indeed damaged during transit, a credit worth the product value of the damaged item will be made in your Widgetsheaven account or a replacement part or accessory, if applicable, will be sent to you at our discretion.
- A shipment is delayed, turned back, or seized by Customs.
If the Customs issue was your responsibility, you are liable. If the failed delivery was due to mis-handling by Widgetsheaven, you will receive compensation when the case is resolved. Such cases are unusual but it is important you are aware of your responsibilities in such a case.
- General Delivery Failure Cases Where You Accept Liability
You (or the consignee) must accept delivery of the goods and comply with any applicable procedures/charges from your local Customs.
If the delivery fails because:
- you were not at home or the courier could not contact you
- the delivery details were wrong
- the recipient fails to accept the goods
- the courier cannot satisfactorily verify the identity of the person attempting to receive the goods
- the courier cannot deliver to a remote area or invalid address
- delivery fails due to war, disaster, etc
- other similar scenarios beyond our control
... [in such cases] you agree that Widgetsheaven will not accept liability and no compensation is available.
- "My Order Can't Be Delivered - There Is A Customs Problem"
Usually, when you import goods from Widgetsheaven, the packet will be inspected by your local Customs.
There's usually no reason to worry because:
- Widgetsheaven provides all the necessary paperwork for your shipment;
- In most countries it's pretty easy to import most kinds of consumer electronics;
- The actual process of customs clearance is usually handled completely by the delivery company (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL);
- If there is any duty (import tax), the courier will usually pay it first and deliver the products to you, and you pay them later.
If there is a question about your delivery:
- Sometimes you may need to provide information to your local Customs about the shipment you are receiving. In some cases they need you to provide an invoice matching the invoice that accompanies the goods. In these cases please contact us immediately and we will provide you with a PDF of the shipping invoice.
- Sometimes the products need to be backed up with some kind of licence or certificate. In these cases, we mostly already hear about it from the courier and we will handle it for you. If Customs contacts you about this, please contact us first to get our help.
- Customs Liability
- Do You Currently Have a Shipment With a Problem?
- If goods are seized or turned back because of an issue that was Widgetsheaven's fault, e.g. incorrect paperwork, we will re-deliver the goods at our own expense, or offer you credit for a new order.
- If goods cannot be delivered due to restrictions in your own country, this is your responsibility. For example, if you decided to try to import an audio-recording CCTV camera, but this technology is illegal or restricted due to local laws in the delivery destination country, that is your responsibility to know about before you order from Widgetsheaven. If the delivery failed for that reason, we cannot offer any compensation, because as the importer it's your job to know about the local regulations.
- As the importer you hold sole legal responsibility for responding to questions about imported goods delivering to yourself. Import duties is your responsibility, as described in our terms and conditions. If a delivery fails because you do not respond in time to Customs communications, or you refuse to pay the applicable charges, we cannot offer any compensation.
If your delivery has a problem in Customs, we probably already know and are handling it. But please get in contact with us to get details of your delivery status.
- "Do I have to pay tax on orders I buy at Widgetsheaven?"
Maybe. It depends on what country you are receiving the goods in.
Tax is a complex issue, because it depends what country you are receiving the goods into. Some countries are easy to import into, and have few restrictions and no taxes. Other countries are ultra restrictive and have high taxes. Before you start importing of China electronics to your country, you'll need to research what the law and practices are in your country (or shipping destination countries if you are dropshipping internationally).
Please read the following notes for some basic background...
- Import Duty and Tax Charged By Your Country:
- Some countries charge tax on certain imported products, at certain quantity/value levels. Some countries do not. You are responsible for finding out the situation in your own country.
- Whatever you order from Widgetsheaven, we will send you. We won't enforce any rules so it's up to you to make sure that what you are buying is OK to import in your country.
- Many countries charge tax when you import anything from overseas. These is Import Duty. Usually these tax is not very high,and the tax is calculated according to the value of the goods (+ shipping sometimes). On the other hand, many countries do not charge any tax on certain types of goods, or on small shipments.
- Declared Contents: Packet Contents Affect Tax
- The category of goods you are importing often has an effect on whether you have to pay tax, or how much.
- Obviously, certain categories of dangerous or restricted goods are illegal to import in most countries. Other, specific restrictions on certain items such as laser products or AV recording devices may apply in your country as well - please research that information for your local country.
- The declared contents of a package must be true and accurate for customs purposes.
10. Tax And Air Mail Packets
- Typically, taxes are more often / more strictly applied to courier shipments (UPS, FedEx, DHL) than postal shipments (Air Mail, USPS, EMS). In many countries, for single items, postal shipping is a simple way to reduce or eliminate import taxes.
- However, shipping by air mail is not necessarily a guarantee of avoiding such taxes.
11. Why You Need To Do Your Own Research
- Import and tax rules are (a) different in every country; (b) changing often; (c) highly dependent on the shipment size and contents; and (d) not consistently applied by your country's different ports and customs houses. Therefore Widgetsheaven cannot offer you specific advice about how much tax you will have to pay, or any guarantees related to this issue.
- We will always do our best to help you import successfully and profitably.
- Sometimes the importing rules according to your country's government and customs are not enforced as strictly or consistently as they say. A good way to find out the realities of importing into your country is to begin with a series of smaller orders from Widgetsheaven and make careful notes of what (if any) steps you had to go through or charges you had to pay. You may be pleasantly surprised how easy importing is for you.
12. Who Provides Import Paperwork?
- In general all the paperwork required for clearing your goods through customs is provided by Widgetsheaven. Usually the shipping invoice and courier waybill included with all shipments from Widgetsheaven is sufficient.
- Sometimes additional paperwork such as product licences are required by customs. We track all of your shipments until they reach you, so if there is such a requirement, we will respond to it promptly on your behalf, usually without the need for you to take any action.
- You may need to show a copy of the shipping invoice to receive your products in some cases, and we will give you the papers you need on request.
13. Tax Liability
- The importer is solely responsible for all import taxes and any other customs-related charges.
- Widgetsheaven accepts no liability for any such charges. Importing taxes and charges cannot and will not be quoted/predicted, and they cannot be reimbursed to you under any circumstances.
- If an importer refuses to pay taxes or otherwise refuses to comply with requirements of the importing or customs clearance process, the goods will usually not be delivered successfully. In such cases the goods could be seized by customs, destroyed, or returned back to China. In any such cases you, the importer, bear sole responsibility provided no error has been made by Widgetsheaven in following your order requirements.
14. Customs Clearance Issues
All imported goods are subject to Customs clearance in every country. When you buy from Widgetsheaven, the goods are sent from China. Therefore you are importing, and you are the importer responsible for the goods when the goods pass through Customs in your destination country. According to our general terms and conditions, you may order anything you like from Widgetsheaven and we will fulfil your order, but it remains totally your responsibility to find out in advance if the products are permissible to import into your destination country, and if so what clearance requirements, taxes, policies etc apply in that country. Widgetsheaven cannot and will not offer advice or pre-shipment information on Customs issues in any regard.
From over 3 years of shipping thousands of orders a week, we can confirm that in over 99.9% of shipments from Widgetsheaven there is no issue whatsoever with Customs clearance. Furthermore in the majority of the rare cases subject to a delay in Customs, the goods are released and delivered successfully. This is because the clearance via normal shipping methods (couriers or post) is handled professionally by the shipping company, and Widgetsheaven is an experienced provider of correct shipping documentation and compliant products and packaging.
You need to be aware that, since any order you make on Widgetsheaven.com will pass through your country's Customs, the Customs have the right to hold and inspect your goods according to their policies.
Every country's Customs has different policies, and these policies can vary substantially.
As the importer, you bear sole responsibility for the clearance of the goods any issues that may arise from an inspection or hold. Typically, the consignee of the shipped packets is taken as the importer in any problem case.
15. In The Case Of A Customs Hold
- You will typically be required to communicate directly with your country's Customs, or contact them via your courier company.
- If additional documents are required, Widgetsheaven will do our utmost to provide the documents to you and support the goods clearance.
- Your country's Customs can hold goods pending a decision for as long as they like.
- The final decision about assessing, valuing, taxing, releasing/refusing, seizing the goods is entirely down to Customs. In some cases no reasons are provided, and in many countries the importer has no right of appeal. In most countries the Customs are hard to communicate with and lack basic public information or accessible staff contact.
- In the vast majority of cases, the goods are released after a delay ranging from 1 day to 6 months... the reason for the delay is usually unknown, and the length of the delay is unfortunately beyond anyone's control.
- If the goods are refused entry, they will either be destroyed with no compensation, or turned back so the courier ships them back to Widgetsheaven.
- Under these terms and conditions, which you are agreeing to at the time you place your order, you are acknowledging you understand your basic responsibilities as an importer and the resultant liabilities should any exception occur.
16. Examples of situations where Widgetsheaven will not compensate you
- If you refused to accept the goods.
- If the goods could not clear due to import restrictions that are specific to your own country, e.g. FDA approval of products (USA), country-specific certification, restricted categories of goods, quotas, so-called anti-dumping enforcement etc.
- If you refused to accept applicable taxes or other charges associated with the import procedure.
- If you refused to pay additional charges or fines resulting from Customs' re-assessment of the classification or value of the goods.
- If you were unable to accept the goods due to laws in your country such as a lack of an import licence.
- If Customs refused entry to your goods because you failed to provide paperwork or other information in a timely manner, OR provided incorrect paperwork or information.
- If Customs refused entry to your goods but they did not provide a reason, OR we were unable to confirm sufficient detail of the supposed reason.
- If Customs refused entry to your goods due to a supposed IPR issue, but in our opinion this is unsubstantiated.
- If Customs are still holding the goods after a period of at least 6 weeks and after our best efforts we have no further detail about the reason for the hold or any probable resolution to the case.
- If clearance failed due to lack of licences / documents / certificates which are specific to your country and Widgetsheaven deems it beyond the reasonable scope of our Shipping Team to provide these documents in the absence of any pre-shipment communication from you.
- If Customs refused entry to your goods or levied increased taxes, charges, or fines associated with the classification or declared value of the goods on the shipping paperwork. We always inform you in advance about the declaration of your goods, and in the cases of larger shipments you have to agree to the declaration value explicitly, so this is deemed to be totally your responsibility.
- If we previously warned you about a possible increased risk of delivery exceptions due to our experience of shipping to your country, for whatever reason, but you explicitly agreed to go ahead with the order.
- "Compensation" refers to full or partial refund/credit of the amount you paid for the goods and /or shipping (depending on the situation). Widgetsheaven will absolutely not offer any further compensation or accept any liability in any other regard.
- We reserve the sole right to evaluate the reason for a Customs exception. We will do this openly based on our communications with the Courier, your country's Customs, and any evidence you have provided us of your own communications with the Courier and Customs.
- If the goods are returned to China, but we deem that you were liable for the failed delivery not us, we may be able to compensate partially, based on any remaining credit after return delivery fees, China import taxes, and restocking fees.
- If the goods are impounded, held indefinitely, destroyed, or confiscated by Customs, and according to the policy above this is not Widgetsheaven's responsibility (including where the actual reason for the exception was never clarified), you will not receive compensation of any kind.
Search online, check with your local Government, local Customs and Chambers of Commerce, and seek advice on all import regulations and procedures!